PLEASE READ THE POST BELOW THIS ONE AFTER YOU READ THIS ONE!!!
Im not sure if i should be posting again after writing the really important post below...so pleaaaseeeeee read that one if you havnt already...PLEASE! READ BELOW!!!! infact, read the one below NOW and then read this one AFTER!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~read the post below!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please think about it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now to todays post:
I got an ipod like i said and i was sorting thru my music to see what i wanted to transfer. I have such a strong connection, some of you know about the radio in my head (well actually i think just julia does, but anyways) and i go thru phases where i listen to one band, or one type of music obsessivly. Months, or years can pass once i come thru each phase before i listen to that band or type of music again, when i do i get flashbacks to that time, i can smell it, see it, remember what my emotions were, i can see the type of colours that relate to that time, i rethink what i was thinking, i get transported. Sometimes it can be a great thing! When i hear 'rhiannon' by fleetwood mac im back in 7th grade painting my nails, and thinking of jonah (lol) when i hear 'who let the dogs out' by the baha men im in 6th grade in norfolk on retreats. it can make me so happy, or it can make me so upset. I was listening to the chilli peppers and i couldnt stop crying, i was in liverpool, in my nana's living room on her sofa with my whole family (on my dad's side) laughing hysterically. I was in my friend Georgia's bedroom talking about boys and england. i was on the plane going to ireland looking at the clouds. I remembered every part of the knighthood trip. What i wore, the smells, the sounds. the pubs and the smoke, the ritz and the way my dad looked wearing his medal, the cold floor in my cousins house in ireland. i had such an amazing time, it drives me crazy. SOmetimes i just lie in bed and cry about it. i miss it so much. being in america im constantly reminded that im british, but i dont feel it. in england i feel it, i belong there i know i do. when im older im moving back, even for a few years, so my kids can grow up there. i honestly feel its the best place to raise children. i can be thinking of the huge party my dads familly threw us, watching the dancers and hearing the fire effects go off and then suddenly be back in stratford listening to my mum give a speech about my dad, watching richard leamon...not because he was doing anything exiting, just because he was so attractive! then im sitting on christopher simms' stairs with him and his sister emma talking about school. that trip makes me miss england more than remembering leaving it does. when i flew over the UK into heathrow airport i felt like i was coming home. when dennis picked us up i felt like he was going to take us back to our house and i was going to get into my bed. when we past our old house i burts into tears, i couldnt stop, it was exactly how we'd left it from the outside. when i visited the hoiuse, it wasnt my house, it was horrible on the inside, the new inhabitants had ruined it...there were garned knomes and mushrooms! when i walked to the village shop i remembered where everything was, i recognized the people behind the counter, altho i didnt know their names. i have so many memories and they are driving me crazy! i want to get rid of them! i dont want to treasure them and remember them forever...they hurt too much! for the first time in 3 years...i want to go home.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~read the post below!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please think about it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now to todays post:
I got an ipod like i said and i was sorting thru my music to see what i wanted to transfer. I have such a strong connection, some of you know about the radio in my head (well actually i think just julia does, but anyways) and i go thru phases where i listen to one band, or one type of music obsessivly. Months, or years can pass once i come thru each phase before i listen to that band or type of music again, when i do i get flashbacks to that time, i can smell it, see it, remember what my emotions were, i can see the type of colours that relate to that time, i rethink what i was thinking, i get transported. Sometimes it can be a great thing! When i hear 'rhiannon' by fleetwood mac im back in 7th grade painting my nails, and thinking of jonah (lol) when i hear 'who let the dogs out' by the baha men im in 6th grade in norfolk on retreats. it can make me so happy, or it can make me so upset. I was listening to the chilli peppers and i couldnt stop crying, i was in liverpool, in my nana's living room on her sofa with my whole family (on my dad's side) laughing hysterically. I was in my friend Georgia's bedroom talking about boys and england. i was on the plane going to ireland looking at the clouds. I remembered every part of the knighthood trip. What i wore, the smells, the sounds. the pubs and the smoke, the ritz and the way my dad looked wearing his medal, the cold floor in my cousins house in ireland. i had such an amazing time, it drives me crazy. SOmetimes i just lie in bed and cry about it. i miss it so much. being in america im constantly reminded that im british, but i dont feel it. in england i feel it, i belong there i know i do. when im older im moving back, even for a few years, so my kids can grow up there. i honestly feel its the best place to raise children. i can be thinking of the huge party my dads familly threw us, watching the dancers and hearing the fire effects go off and then suddenly be back in stratford listening to my mum give a speech about my dad, watching richard leamon...not because he was doing anything exiting, just because he was so attractive! then im sitting on christopher simms' stairs with him and his sister emma talking about school. that trip makes me miss england more than remembering leaving it does. when i flew over the UK into heathrow airport i felt like i was coming home. when dennis picked us up i felt like he was going to take us back to our house and i was going to get into my bed. when we past our old house i burts into tears, i couldnt stop, it was exactly how we'd left it from the outside. when i visited the hoiuse, it wasnt my house, it was horrible on the inside, the new inhabitants had ruined it...there were garned knomes and mushrooms! when i walked to the village shop i remembered where everything was, i recognized the people behind the counter, altho i didnt know their names. i have so many memories and they are driving me crazy! i want to get rid of them! i dont want to treasure them and remember them forever...they hurt too much! for the first time in 3 years...i want to go home.

7 Comments:
omg! I get that too, music is suppose to be really emotional that's why, like it touches you in a different way. Whenever I listen to Coldplay I see Vancouver, Smell Vancouver, and feel what Vancouver was like. Strange isn't it?
sorry that was jane
ipod v sponsoring
and i love allllllllll of you aswell! and if i was told i was moving back to england right now...id hide in someones cello case and refuse to go back! i couldnt leave any of you! id miss you more than i miss my friends in england! i do miss england so much tho...but i dont want to move back yet...i just want an arrangment where i can visit at least once a year to see my familly :)
Hey Kate, I'm sorry you're feeling that way and homesick, but if it helps, we all get like that sometimes (or most of us). I occasionally look back at all the good times I had in CT and think about how it would be if I never moved. But I've kind of realized that what I'm missing is kind of idealized to some extent. For me it was the innocence and amazingness of childhood and I miss the good parts which is most of what I remember. I agree with Sam in that you should just try to enjoy wherever you are b/c like Johanna said you may miss LA once/if you go back to England. I dunno if I'm helping much but just try to enjoy it while it lasts and you don't have to block out the memories in order to enjoy the here and now.
Hey Kate, I'm sorry you're feeling that way and homesick, but if it helps, we all get like that sometimes (or most of us). I occasionally look back at all the good times I had in CT and think about how it would be if I never moved. But I've kind of realized that what I'm missing is kind of idealized to some extent. For me it was the innocence and amazingness of childhood and I miss the good parts which is most of what I remember. I agree with Sam in that you should just try to enjoy wherever you are b/c like Johanna said you may miss LA once/if you go back to England. I dunno if I'm helping much but just try to enjoy it while it lasts and you don't have to block out the memories in order to enjoy the here and now.
hey kate,
i'm not gonna say much cause i agree with the previous comments but uhh i just wanna let you know that i hope you do get to visit there enough...and i hope you never leave!! hehe..yeah we'd all miss you too much..ok thats about it..
luv ya
Post a Comment
<< Home