Somewhere Only We Know
Its hard to desribe just how I feel.
I miss my brother.
As I lie in my bedroom, that was one James' I think to myself 'remember when this room has a carpet, and pictures of the god father and snoop dogg on the walls? remember when I got scared and slep on the fouton while james slept right in the next part of the room? Remember when james sat next to me on the fouton because I was so cared. Remeber the way he stroked my hair until I fell asleep?'
Its odd how you can live with someone for your entire life. you can look up to him, want to be him. Try to convert to a diferent religion because he did. Want to spend every waking hour with him. Put a tinny door way between your room and his so that if you got scared you could climb through and sleep in his bed. Do all of that, and not notice anything about him.
For theatre class we had to write two monologues aboutt he smae situation only from 2 diferent peoples point of view. i did my brother and my mother. I realized in trying to portray James that i didnt know how to. i have never, as far as i can remember, sat down with him and has a real conversation. We have while hes been driving, but not one on one, looking each other straight in the face. Hes always shown me that he loves me. hes told me 'id jump in front of a bus for you' and id do the same for him.
I miss him. i miss that. i miss that this isnt his room. I miss that i can't climb into his bed when im afraid or alone. Its such a simple thing to want isnt it? Someone you love, who youve always had there, to be there again.
I dont feel like hes my brother. I dont know why. It shocks me when he remembers my birthday, or when he buys me a dvd just becuase he felt like it. he does iot a lot, but i dont ecpect it. and when it happens, i wonder why.
I want my brother tobe back in thsi room. i want the big ugly curtains, the horrible green carpet with the mystery stains.
Its so simple.
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete
Oh simple thing where have you gone
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin
I came across a fallen tree
I felt the branches of it looking at me
Is this the place we used to love?
Is this the place that I've been dreaming of?
Oh simple thing where have you gone
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin
And if you have a minute why don't we go
Talk about it somewhere only we know?
This could be the end of everything
So why don't we go
Somewhere only we know?
Oh simple thing where have you gone
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin
So if you have a minute why don't we go
Talk about it somewhere only we know?
This could be the end of everything
So why don't we go
So why don't we go
This could be the end of everything
So why don't we go
Somewhere only we know?
I miss my brother.
As I lie in my bedroom, that was one James' I think to myself 'remember when this room has a carpet, and pictures of the god father and snoop dogg on the walls? remember when I got scared and slep on the fouton while james slept right in the next part of the room? Remember when james sat next to me on the fouton because I was so cared. Remeber the way he stroked my hair until I fell asleep?'
Its odd how you can live with someone for your entire life. you can look up to him, want to be him. Try to convert to a diferent religion because he did. Want to spend every waking hour with him. Put a tinny door way between your room and his so that if you got scared you could climb through and sleep in his bed. Do all of that, and not notice anything about him.
For theatre class we had to write two monologues aboutt he smae situation only from 2 diferent peoples point of view. i did my brother and my mother. I realized in trying to portray James that i didnt know how to. i have never, as far as i can remember, sat down with him and has a real conversation. We have while hes been driving, but not one on one, looking each other straight in the face. Hes always shown me that he loves me. hes told me 'id jump in front of a bus for you' and id do the same for him.
I miss him. i miss that. i miss that this isnt his room. I miss that i can't climb into his bed when im afraid or alone. Its such a simple thing to want isnt it? Someone you love, who youve always had there, to be there again.
I dont feel like hes my brother. I dont know why. It shocks me when he remembers my birthday, or when he buys me a dvd just becuase he felt like it. he does iot a lot, but i dont ecpect it. and when it happens, i wonder why.
I want my brother tobe back in thsi room. i want the big ugly curtains, the horrible green carpet with the mystery stains.
Its so simple.
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete
Oh simple thing where have you gone
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin
I came across a fallen tree
I felt the branches of it looking at me
Is this the place we used to love?
Is this the place that I've been dreaming of?
Oh simple thing where have you gone
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin
And if you have a minute why don't we go
Talk about it somewhere only we know?
This could be the end of everything
So why don't we go
Somewhere only we know?
Oh simple thing where have you gone
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin
So if you have a minute why don't we go
Talk about it somewhere only we know?
This could be the end of everything
So why don't we go
So why don't we go
This could be the end of everything
So why don't we go
Somewhere only we know?

1 Comments:
i know exactly what you mean, i feel that way a lot. but sometimes it takes losing a part of your life that's always been so consitent to realize how much it means to you.
joey
Post a Comment
<< Home