To Hold Me When Dreams Are Done
When I turn the CD on and the music starts to play my heart jumps a beat. the first few words lull me in, calm me down, but then shivers run up and down my back with the words 'If I could share my nights with you'. I know it sounds stupid, and girly, but this song and others on the same CD make me really sad and yet happy. It makes me wish that i could grow up and be in love. It underlines the stab of lonliness that fills me, yet even so i can't stop lstening to this CD. Its my CD, its a phase, an obsession, like the hundreds that have come before it. I know it won't last, and I know that in a matter of weeks, i'll have moved on. Its these few days, when its still fresh, when its all that I sing, all that i think about that i love. In this time I wish that it wouldnt end, i know it will. 'I wanted such a little thing from life, i wanted so much, i never came close my love, we nearly came near, it never was there, i think it was here.' Its as if he is singing right to me, as if no one else has heard his voice. I won't tell myself that its not true, i wont ruin it for myself. Maybe this, the few first days of a new obsession are the closest i feel to love. maybe what i feel now is what people feel when they are in love. i hope, when i'm ready, i'll know.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home