It's way too late to be this locked inside ourselves
Often I sit, and I remember what it was like, I think of how I want it to be, and then imagine how it will become, when it's perfect. Yet I can never let myself imagine too much, or in too great detail, for everytime I do, everytime you kiss me in the rain or say something so romantic that I want to faint, it hits me. I see how it is, I see our meaningless hellos and distant goodbyes, and I realize what I cling onto, the connection I rely on, isn't real. It's something I want to exist so badly that I've made myself believe it does. You know I won't forget what was, I know I'll dream about it at night, but during the day, my mind will be elsewhere. You'll meet someone else, but I won't let myself go crazy, I'll meet someone too, maybe I have.
So look me in the eyes, those eyes you used to love, and I'll look into yours. Squeeze my hand as I kiss your cheek, and hold me close, just for a second, just for now. As we walk away I won't look back, not yet.
So look me in the eyes, those eyes you used to love, and I'll look into yours. Squeeze my hand as I kiss your cheek, and hold me close, just for a second, just for now. As we walk away I won't look back, not yet.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home