Leave your things behind, because it's all going off without you
I live. I will die. That's all I know.
All I do is live. What i will do tomorrow, or the the next day, who knows. Who can tell if I even live to see tomorrow. For right now though, I live, i breath, I eat, I drink, I move, I sleep, I wake.
What if I stopped eating, what if I had nothing to drink? I would fall into a sleep, I'd stop breathing, I wouldn't move, I wouldn't wake, I wouldn't live.
Knowing tomorrow isn't a garenteed makes me want to treasure this moment. I want to get up and touch everything, I want to experience everything...love, fear, pain, exitment, sex, graduation, college, marriage, children. I want to go through everything in my room, my house, my life, and look at everything, i want to remember everything and imagine everything. I want to put on all of my clothes, all of my jewelry, hold hands with everyone I know, and do everything I can think of. I don't want to waste a second, i want to appreciate everything.
I go to school, and what they teach me there is french, math, history, english, science. things i will choose to remember or forget, things i won't know for sure for ever.
What i know for sure is that I am alive. I know for sure that i won't be forever. I will live until I die, but i won't live to die. i live to experience, share, and love. i live to make a difference.
I don't want to die. Not yet, i have things to do, i want to do them. i need a garentee that spending all day in classrooms will amount to something, that i will live to see the result. i need to know that i will do something that will exist even after i don't. i have to know that when i die i will have done everything that i wanted to do, and that i will be remembered for it.
When my grandfather died everyone thought that my nana would fall apart. She didnt, she said that she had things to do, her life to live, and that she wasn't ready to die. she lived a life so full that we encouraged her to write an autobiography. She was on the page about my grandfathers death in this autobiography when she had the stroke that killed her. It was as if she got a message, she was ready to join him. She was ready to go.
When my time comes, I want to be ready, I'm scared that i won't be, that i will be caught unprepared and will have wasted my life.
All I do is live. What i will do tomorrow, or the the next day, who knows. Who can tell if I even live to see tomorrow. For right now though, I live, i breath, I eat, I drink, I move, I sleep, I wake.
What if I stopped eating, what if I had nothing to drink? I would fall into a sleep, I'd stop breathing, I wouldn't move, I wouldn't wake, I wouldn't live.
Knowing tomorrow isn't a garenteed makes me want to treasure this moment. I want to get up and touch everything, I want to experience everything...love, fear, pain, exitment, sex, graduation, college, marriage, children. I want to go through everything in my room, my house, my life, and look at everything, i want to remember everything and imagine everything. I want to put on all of my clothes, all of my jewelry, hold hands with everyone I know, and do everything I can think of. I don't want to waste a second, i want to appreciate everything.
I go to school, and what they teach me there is french, math, history, english, science. things i will choose to remember or forget, things i won't know for sure for ever.
What i know for sure is that I am alive. I know for sure that i won't be forever. I will live until I die, but i won't live to die. i live to experience, share, and love. i live to make a difference.
I don't want to die. Not yet, i have things to do, i want to do them. i need a garentee that spending all day in classrooms will amount to something, that i will live to see the result. i need to know that i will do something that will exist even after i don't. i have to know that when i die i will have done everything that i wanted to do, and that i will be remembered for it.
When my grandfather died everyone thought that my nana would fall apart. She didnt, she said that she had things to do, her life to live, and that she wasn't ready to die. she lived a life so full that we encouraged her to write an autobiography. She was on the page about my grandfathers death in this autobiography when she had the stroke that killed her. It was as if she got a message, she was ready to join him. She was ready to go.
When my time comes, I want to be ready, I'm scared that i won't be, that i will be caught unprepared and will have wasted my life.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home