Light Up, Light Up As If You Have A Choice

You’ll never know how I watched you from the shadows as a child
You’ll never know how it feels to be the one who’s left behind
~~~~~~
They won't leave in the night, I've no fear that they might desert me
Diamonds are forever
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pretty girl beware of his heart of gold,
This heart is cold

My Photo
Name:

I want my MTV

Sunday, April 10, 2005

I’m feelin’ like a monday but someday I’ll be saturday night

Do you know what this means? It means empty corridors full of people, and far away glances. It means dreaming while they talk to me and false replies. It means pain, and tears, and lonliness. It means stress, and days after days wasted inside and alone. It's teachers who don't care, and don't have the courtesy to pretend. Its homeworks I won't do, and excuses they won't believe. It's no trust, and no compromise, and no connections.

Progress reports, meetings atlunch, teachers conferences, phone calls to my parents

It's
'Kate why didn't you turn this in?'
and
'I've been nice enough up until this point.'
and my personal favourite
'I've babied you too much, from now on I'm not chasing you'

It means not asking if I'm okay, and not caring. It means 50 minutes of boredom overlapped with 50 minutes of daydreams. It's lunchs with no substance, and assemblies with no purpose. It's dreading 6:30am and waiting for 3pm.

It's reliable, and painfully tedious. It's not something I want to do, or enjoy being forced to do. It's something not worth working for, not if they won't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home