I've had you so many times, but somehow I want more...
My room was dark, my bed was empty. My eyes were open, and my mind wandered. I thought through what had happened, my body restless, flooded with emotions: embarrasment, worry, sadness. I was scared that my honesty had ruined everything, and my new found high was now suddenly very low. My insomnia drove me crazy as the hours passed by, and finally I drifted to sleep. But it wasn't him that I dreamt of, it was you. We were together and you pressed me against your body. The world was silent, we were still, and then your mouth passed my ear leaving the words 'Kate, I'm in love with you' sinking into my skin. I did not reply, although I felt so sure that I could without lying. Instead I let my hand slide down your arm, pushing our wrists together, feeling the mutual puls. When I awoke at 6:25 I half believed it had happened. Then my alarm went off, and once again, my bed was suddenly, painfuly, empty.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home