Our past is our future...
Look me in the eyes for two minutes and tell me that you don't remember. Tell me that you have forgotten not only the bad, but also what was good. Share with me how you saw me in the halls one day and thought you knew something about me, but assumed it was a dream. When I take hold of your shoulders and beg to to recall just one detail, anything you choose, ask me if I'm all right. Don't be shocked when I try to shake my memories to the front of your mind, just release your arms from my grasp, but don't let go of my hands. Look me in the eyes for two more minutes and tell me that you don't remember. Tell me that you have forgotten not only that you cried for me, but also that you laughed with me. And when I say to you in a pleading tone 'you really don't remember?' don't answer, stay looking into my eyes until I say 'my name is Kate, I don't believe we've met.' If you should choose to, introduce yourself and shake my hand, then walk away, but don't look back to find me watching.
If in the future our paths should cross and you ask me why I'm crying, I'll look you in the eyes for two minutes, and tell you that I don't remember. I'll tell you that I have fogotten not only the bad, but also what was good. And I'll share with you how when you spoke to me you woke me from a dream. Don't dry my cheeks or smooth my hair, just take my arms and wrap them around your neck. And we won't see the people around us, the cars passing by, and the world continuing. No, all we will feel is the wind dancing across our bodies to the rhythm of our hearts, beating perfectly in unison. After all, we're just two people dreaming together, for two minutes.
If in the future our paths should cross and you ask me why I'm crying, I'll look you in the eyes for two minutes, and tell you that I don't remember. I'll tell you that I have fogotten not only the bad, but also what was good. And I'll share with you how when you spoke to me you woke me from a dream. Don't dry my cheeks or smooth my hair, just take my arms and wrap them around your neck. And we won't see the people around us, the cars passing by, and the world continuing. No, all we will feel is the wind dancing across our bodies to the rhythm of our hearts, beating perfectly in unison. After all, we're just two people dreaming together, for two minutes.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home