We were all in love, and we all got hurt.
'I can hear your heart.'
The calmness of my voice suprised me, almost letting me forget just how nervous I was.
'It's probably beating really fast.'
I couldn't help smiling at his reply, maybe he was as vunerable as I was. Maybe.
His arms wrapped around me, his lips pressed against mine. I wanted more, I wanted to show him how I felt, but how could I know if what i felt was real? It had been a week, full of walks on the beach, long conversations, and romance, the kind of romance you see in movies or read in books. It couldn't have been real, the realities I knew were nothing like this. And this was goodbye. One last kiss, interupted by tears flowing from both of sides. I stared at his eyes, so piercing blue and sad, and breathed in the smell I would never forget. How could I leave, I felt so safe and taken care of, i could be someone here who I just couldnt at home. It had all happened so fast, and before I knew it I was walking away. 'don't turn around, don't turn around' i told myself, but I knew I would, and when I did he was there, like always, standing on the bridge, watching me leave. My hand rose to my neck, clasping the necklace he loved so much as tight as possible, wishing this moment to end, wishing time to either go forward or backwards, but as far away from this moment as possible. I looked around one more time as I put the key in the lock, but he was gone, the empy bridge made the emptiness in my heart unbearable. Inside my best friend sat watching the end of 13 going on 30, looking sleepy and sad. She held me close and sang the song she didn't even know she knew the words to, and filled that emptiness just a litte. I knew at that moment that we would always have each other to relive the past ten days in paradise.
It took along time for me to take the bracelet off, and when I finally did I taped it into the scrapbook along with the pictures, postcards, and wristbands.
Tonight I untaped it, it'll take a while to get used to it again, but it feels right. Just like axe and cigarettes.
The calmness of my voice suprised me, almost letting me forget just how nervous I was.
'It's probably beating really fast.'
I couldn't help smiling at his reply, maybe he was as vunerable as I was. Maybe.
His arms wrapped around me, his lips pressed against mine. I wanted more, I wanted to show him how I felt, but how could I know if what i felt was real? It had been a week, full of walks on the beach, long conversations, and romance, the kind of romance you see in movies or read in books. It couldn't have been real, the realities I knew were nothing like this. And this was goodbye. One last kiss, interupted by tears flowing from both of sides. I stared at his eyes, so piercing blue and sad, and breathed in the smell I would never forget. How could I leave, I felt so safe and taken care of, i could be someone here who I just couldnt at home. It had all happened so fast, and before I knew it I was walking away. 'don't turn around, don't turn around' i told myself, but I knew I would, and when I did he was there, like always, standing on the bridge, watching me leave. My hand rose to my neck, clasping the necklace he loved so much as tight as possible, wishing this moment to end, wishing time to either go forward or backwards, but as far away from this moment as possible. I looked around one more time as I put the key in the lock, but he was gone, the empy bridge made the emptiness in my heart unbearable. Inside my best friend sat watching the end of 13 going on 30, looking sleepy and sad. She held me close and sang the song she didn't even know she knew the words to, and filled that emptiness just a litte. I knew at that moment that we would always have each other to relive the past ten days in paradise.
It took along time for me to take the bracelet off, and when I finally did I taped it into the scrapbook along with the pictures, postcards, and wristbands.
Tonight I untaped it, it'll take a while to get used to it again, but it feels right. Just like axe and cigarettes.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home