Light Up, Light Up As If You Have A Choice

You’ll never know how I watched you from the shadows as a child
You’ll never know how it feels to be the one who’s left behind
~~~~~~
They won't leave in the night, I've no fear that they might desert me
Diamonds are forever
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pretty girl beware of his heart of gold,
This heart is cold

My Photo
Name:

I want my MTV

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

C'était un amour séparé, pas perdu

It's strange how it arrives, not a slap in the face, a kick to the shins, or a knee in the stomach, but a wave. Light, warm, calm. I felt the wave, though I never thought that I would. And I felt it while staring into the distance, eyes fixed on the past. I saw up there, what I thought I would never lose, I locked eyes but did not feel what I thought was a part of me. And a soft sorrow took my body, and set it free. Not all of it however, for always is engraved a scar, a memory, a fantasy. But my heart no longer clings to perfection, or invents a connection, far from it. Or maybe exactly it, yes, because what I have now fits idealism like a glove. But something definitly touched me in that moment- the sensation of a goodbye, long drawn out, and the face of the boy I thought that I loved.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my gosh kate this was such a pretty post- not too unlike you today!!! what does the title mean?
~LP

9:27 PM  
Blogger Kate Da Great! said...

lizzy u were so much prettier today...the title means 'it was a lost parted, not lost'

10:09 PM  
Blogger Kate Da Great! said...

wait not, scratch that it means 'it was a love parted, not lost'***

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home