If you don't have the heart to fill her in, Then just step aside and let me lay it on the line
Why did you tell her that she was the most beautiful girl that you'd ever seen? Why did you tell her that you two had something that went beyond high school? Why did you tell her you'd wait for her? Why did you get your friends to tell her that they'd keep an eye on you? But more importantly, why did you tell me all of that about her? You tell me I have a pretty face, but leave out the rest of me, you say that love me, but you say it so often that I know it isn't real, and you mention that we'll get married, but don't tell me what's going on right now. Face it, I'm not as special as her, am I? And I know that you told her it was over, and you told me that you didn't care for her, but how long will it last? Why do I feel that sometime soon you'll push me aside as she runs to you? Is this real? Do you feel it too? Or do you just think of her when you kiss me? When you say that you love me, do you picture her face? It will take a while for me to reach her stature, is it worth it? Will you give me that chance to prove to you that maybe I feel as strongly as she does, and will you feel it too? If the truth is that she means more to you than i do, or that she meant more to you than I do, and i get that feeling, then please tell me now. Tell me so it doesn't hurt as badly later on, tell me to save me. until you do i'll tiptoe around, careful not to show you whe you hurt my feelings, careful not to get angry, or irritated. Careful not to be irritating and get you mad at me. Is it really worth it for you? I know that it is for me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home