If only you could dance
I turned every corner full of anticipation, heart full of hope. The empty streets could have crushed me, i battled between knowing that we'd cross eventually, and wondering if I was on the wrong road. Down a hill. Up a hill. I wasn't sure if it was you at first, and even long after i had placed the walk, the manerisms and the body type i kept on walking. In my head I debated whether to walk right past, joke that I didn't know you. were you making eye contact? Was I walking strangely, suddenly I was very away of my hands, a self conscious scratch of my nose and push back of my hair. You stopped right infront of me, smiled your new smile, grapped my face and kissed me. I'm never sure if you want to hold hands or not, you always make the gesture but after a few paces let go. its only at a red light when you pull me close that i feel completely comfortable. 'Never go away again' I hear myself saying before it's too late to hide the vulnerability. Stupid me, stupid stupid me. on the inside, i mentally kick myself, but you kiss my forhead and ask when we're going away together. In the arcade you beat me at air hockey, I wasn't sure if I was even attempting to play, but it was worth it for the victory kiss and playful high five you gave me. Then i beat you at racing and felt so guilty on seeing your shamed face, mum was right when she told me to always let the guy win.
I think it's cute how you sit on the opposite end of the couch from me when my family is around. they know we're together, and i'm sure they're not stupid enough to believe that we're following a 50's mentality. And you prove it when we're alone, kissing my cheek, neck, and lips. I think you've relaxed around me now, and thats why we like to be alone together.
After the movie ended we lay together half asleep, i could hear your heart echoing mine, and feel your breath on my hair. One of your hands found mine and played with my fingers and the other reached for my chin and tilted my face to you. you didn't kiss me like i was expecting you to, but stared. I looked right back, my hand resting on your cheek, yours brushing my hair out of my face. I don't think we moved for 10 minutes, just lying there and making an unspoken connection. I couldn't quite see the colour of your eyes, we were too close for details. but thats what made it so special, we saw no bodies or features, no impurities of the outside, only what was beyond. i couldn't see your sun burn, just smell your tanned skin and shampoo. It felt like nothing in the world could break us, but of course a sudden shock of your vibrating phone against the table made us blink. 'i love you' you said. i never believe you when you say it, any more than you believe me when i mirror it back. But i saw what you meant and trusted it. and in my heart i felt it too.
I think it's cute how you sit on the opposite end of the couch from me when my family is around. they know we're together, and i'm sure they're not stupid enough to believe that we're following a 50's mentality. And you prove it when we're alone, kissing my cheek, neck, and lips. I think you've relaxed around me now, and thats why we like to be alone together.
After the movie ended we lay together half asleep, i could hear your heart echoing mine, and feel your breath on my hair. One of your hands found mine and played with my fingers and the other reached for my chin and tilted my face to you. you didn't kiss me like i was expecting you to, but stared. I looked right back, my hand resting on your cheek, yours brushing my hair out of my face. I don't think we moved for 10 minutes, just lying there and making an unspoken connection. I couldn't quite see the colour of your eyes, we were too close for details. but thats what made it so special, we saw no bodies or features, no impurities of the outside, only what was beyond. i couldn't see your sun burn, just smell your tanned skin and shampoo. It felt like nothing in the world could break us, but of course a sudden shock of your vibrating phone against the table made us blink. 'i love you' you said. i never believe you when you say it, any more than you believe me when i mirror it back. But i saw what you meant and trusted it. and in my heart i felt it too.

9 Comments:
Blogger finds first few weeks in city quite busy
When a Cincinnati blogger relocated to North Adams last month, he didn't expect things to happen ... No wonder his girlfriend referred to him as "King of Berkshire County.
Hello, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark it!
I have a hipa management policy risk site. It pretty much covers HIPAA - hipa management policy risk related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Whither the Yuan?
China's decision to lift the yuan's peg to the dollar marks a modest but important first step in overhauling its strict currency regime.
Just imagine the impact of your posting...That is some good stuff you have there. I will definitely bookmark you!
I have a electromagnetic safety site that pretty much covers electromagnetic safety related stuff.
I would appreciate if you stopped by to check it out, when you get the time :-)
oh my gosh, poor kate! there should be some sort of advertising blocker! kate, this is an excellent post. very pretty.
love lizzy
i can't think of anything to mock advertise right now. maybe later.
The very best of Weblogs, Inc for your viewing pleasure
Posted Aug 20, 2005, 6:00 AM ET by Weblogs, Inc. Staff The Weblogs, Inc. network features over 100 independent, unfiltered bloggers producing over 1,000 blog posts a week across over 75 industry-leading blogs.
Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my all inclusive vacation deal related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.
Carnival of the Walkers #8
Carnival of the Walkers #8 Walking the Fire Labyrinth: Kate McManus shares her transformation ... The Warren's Captain Holly has this photo essay of Deseret Peak above Salt Lake City - spectacular!
Nice information! Will add to my favorites. Come and visit my website about affiliate marketing
Blogging a Confession: Harry Potter isn't the only kids' book I read
The other night over dinner, some friends and I started comparing books. "Have you read Eragon yet? The sequel is out on Tuesday!" My son thinks Eragon is better than Harry Potter, and he reads and re-reads ...
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a 30 days to internet marketing success site. It pretty much covers 30 days to internet marketing success related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
AHHHHHH TOO MANY ADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
woww kate. why arent you in like uber smart english? or like writing workshops and crap. you write so well, so easily! its beautiful! and you dont even have to try (ahahahahaha like some poeople). welllll, im glad you like him. sounds like a keeper eh?
xoxoxo vera
me vera? can u imagine me in uber smart anything?
Post a Comment
<< Home